How the saving account works
- Paying for care: Your Health Savings Account, or HSA, belongs to you and is separate from your plan. This money can only be used to pay for medical expenses.
- Choosing your savings: You choose how much you want to set aside per paycheck, but don’t worry, you can increase or decrease it anytime you want.
- Saving tax-free dollars: The money you put aside will be deducted before taxes are taken out, which means you can keep more of what you earn.
- Getting the match: Walmart will give you a head start on your savings by matching the first $350 you save, so your first $350 becomes $700. And if you’re also covering dependents, your first $700 becomes $1,400!
- Earning interest! You can save this money for the future, invest it in mutual funds or take it all with you when you retire or leave the company.
Video doctor visits: Ever wish you could see a doctor without leaving your house? With Doctor On Demand™, you can video chat with a doctor 24/7 for just a $4 copay after you meet your deductible. Simply download the app or go online to speak with a board-certified physician, licensed psychologist or psychiatrist today. The costs before you meet your deductible are:
$49 for medical visit ($55 if you have the Personal Online Doctor program in parts of CO, MN, and WI)
$79/$119 for a 25 or 50-minute psychology visit
$229 for a 45-minute psychiatrist visit
World-class care centers: For serious conditions, the Centers of Excellence program offers you and your family world-class care, often at zero cost. After you meet your annual deductible, you’ll receive 100% coverage (limited to certain conditions).
Find the right doctor: Don’t spend all day searching the web for the right in-network doctor when Grand Rounds will do it for you. Get expert second opinions and much more at no cost. To find the best in-network doctors and specialists, just visit grandrounds.com/walmart
The Saver Plan will cost:
$32.50 per paycheck for associates
$154.40 per paycheck for associates plus their spouse/partner
$51.00 for associates plus their children
$178.30 for associates plus their family
The Saver Plan will cost more if you and/or your spouse/partner use tobacco products and choose not to enroll in and complete a Quit Tobacco program. The plan will also cost more for using doctors outside the network.
To check out all the rates for the Saver Plan, including tobacco user rates, and all costs of all our other plans, please see our rate sheet.
If you are enrolled in Medicare Part D, you are not eligible to enroll in any Walmart-sponsored medical plan.