The Walton Life Fitness Pass is available to any US-based Associate at least 18 years old, plus their spouse or domestic partner and dependents age 18-25*. All full-time, part-time and temporary associates can choose to participate.
Why can’t Associates under 18 participate?
For legal reasons that require an Associate to sign a contract to participate in the program, the Associate must be at least 18.
*Full eligibility rules for spouse/domestic partner and dependents:
a. The Associate’s spouse or domestic partner is eligible to be on the membership at no additional cost. An individual is considered to be the Associate’s domestic partner for this purpose if he/she qualifies as a domestic partner under the definition used for the Walmart Associates’ Health and Welfare Plan. To fall within the definition, the Associate and his or her domestic partner must satisfy the following requirements:
- Are in an exclusive and committed relationship similar to marriage and have been for at least 12 months and intend to continue indefinitely.
- Are not married to each other or anyone else.
- Meet the age for marriage in their home state and are mentally competent to consent to contract.
- Are not related in a manner that would bar a legal marriage in the state in which they live; and
- Are not in the relationship solely for the purpose of obtaining benefits coverage.
- In the alternative, an Associate’s domestic partner includes any other person to whom the Member is joined in a legal relationship recognized as creating some or all of the rights of marriage in the state or country in which the relationship was created.
b. The Associate’s dependent children are eligible to be on the membership at no additional cost from age 18 through the end of the month in which they reach the age of 26.
Dependent children for this purpose include the Associate’s natural, adopted, step, or foster children, children placed with the Associate for adoption, the children of the Associate’s domestic partner, and someone for whom the Associate has legal custody or guardianship if he/she is a member of the Associate’s household and the Associate provides more than half of his/her support.