As a Walmart associate, we want you to be healthy. That’s why we’re committed to delivering a simpler, clearer, better experience that delivers high-quality health care, and making sure it’s easy and convenient to access all the health resources available.
And this year we have a lot! We have updated medical plans, new plan names, and better care—all to help you live better. You’ve got a choice of updated medical plans, like the Premier Plan with simple and affordable copays. To see everything that’s changing, go here!
At Walmart, there are lots of great programs that are designed to help you live better and we want to make sure you know about them:
- $4 Virtual doctor visits. Video-chat with a doctor or mental health expert anytime using Doctor on Demand. It’s just $4 with most Walmart medical plans.
- Find the right care. The Grand Rounds app is now your go-to to find the right care at a fair cost in your area.
- Centers of Excellence. Coverage is being expanded in 2020 to cover kidney transplants exclusively at Centers of Excellence facilities.
- Programs to Help You Live Better. These programs can help improve your life in a variety of ways.
- $9 Fitness Pass: Get access to over 9,000 fitness locations nationwide.
- Live Better U: Earn a debt-free college degree for just $1 a day.
- Resources for Living: Get on-the-phone or in-person counseling from a licensed wellness professional.
(Please note: The cost of providing benefits does keeps going up, and while we work hard to keep your costs low, medical plan and disability insurance rates will increase in 2020—but are still well below what most employees nationwide pay for coverage.
Also, in 2020, we’re going to start verifying dependent eligibility. We support all of our Walmart families, but we need to make sure any family member you enroll is eligible for coverage. Starting in January, you’ll be required to provide documents for anyone you enroll.)
For most associate, if you are happy with your current plan you won’t need to take any action. But in areas where there are significant changes, or for associates who want to adjust their plans, or if you want to complete an enrollment session, it must be completed by Nov. 1. Visit one.walmart.com/AE to get started.