WALMART ASSOCIATE SHORT FILM FESTIVAL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. No Purchase Required: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter.
2. Contest Period: Starts August 1, 2020 and ends August 31, 2020 (the "Contest Period").
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to United States Associates who are employed by Walmart Stores, Neighborhood Market, Distribution Centers or any other entity that is under Walmart Inc. Eligible associates who submit a film for consideration must be employed through August 31, 2020. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, commonwealth, territory and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
4. How to Enter: To enter, 1) Create your entry in compliance with the Contest SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS; 2) Upload your film to your local store Facebook page via My Local Social application. Your post must be public in order to be considered. Include the words “Contest Entry” in your post caption; 3) tag your post with #WalmartAssociateShortFilm and upload to your local store Facebook page via My Local Social application during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple entries received from any person will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Submission Requirements below and will be screened by the Sponsor for compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor's decisions with respect to whether an Entry complies with these Official Rules are final and binding. The Entrant must hold all rights, title, and interest in the Entry (as more completely set forth below). You may be required to provide documentation in a form acceptable to Sponsor evidencing such rights and interest if so, required by Sponsor.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that (a) you have all rights, including, without limitation, rights of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, to the Entry; (b) your Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (c) that publication or other use by Sponsor of the Entry via various media including online and social media posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party; and (d) otherwise complies with these Official Rules. You will indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any and all claims to the contrary and any demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Sponsor, or any of them arising out of or in connection with your participation in this Contest, or the use, in whole or in part, by Sponsor of your Entry submitted by you in this Contest.
Entries are voluntary. The continuance of an associate’s employment and their present working conditions will not be impacted – positively or negatively – by participating or not participating in the contest. Associates should be compensated, and salary managers must be the ones to submit/post only, and it’ll be their duty to make sure any featured associates are on the clock.
5. Submission Requirements: All Entries must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Entry File Format requirements: H.264 format, 16:9 aspect ratio, stereo audio
- Entry must be between 15 seconds and 3 minutes. Any film submitted less than, or over, will not be eligible.
- Associates featured in the film must wear masks properly if in store or if its local ordinance.
- Although Entries are welcome in ANY genre the Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, discriminatory, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
- The Entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
- If any persons appear in the Entry, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their state, the signature of a parent is required on each release.
- Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly, and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof. If the entry contains personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, such person's written consent to include their personally identifiable information in the Entry in accordance with these official rules. If any such person is under the age of majority in their state, the signature of a parent is required on each such consent.
- The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
- Music included in your Entry was obtained appropriately for legal use. Please be aware that you cannot use music without proof of permission as you may infringe on the copyright rights of the publisher, the composer, the performer, mixers, master, their heirs, et al.
- Entries that are not compliant with these Official Rules will cause the Entry to be void, at the discretion of the Sponsor.
6. Judging: Associates’ submissions should center around one of the following themes, which you are free to interpret as you see fit:
1. Walmart Experience
2. Walmart Story
All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based on the following elements:
· Creativity and ability in telling a compelling story- How the Entrant was able to convey their idea, message or thought in an original and imaginative way through their lens, narrative, performance, etc.
· Quality and execution: The entry is of good visual and audio quality, including how smooth the transitions are, and whether the editing compliments the flow of content. Was the Entry truly ready to be entered or were some finishing touches, edits still required? Audio/sound should be heard and the dialogue should be intelligible and dynamically balanced.
The ten (10) Entries with the highest scores will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-scored using the criteria above with the highest rescored entry deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than 10 (10) winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
7. Prize Winner Verification: Each Potential Grand Prize Winner ("Potential Winner") is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules prior to Prize award. The Potential Winner may be subject to an interview by Sponsor to help ensure his/her Entry complies with the Official Rules, and they may be disqualified if the Entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential Winner may be required to provide proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction) that he/she owns all rights to the Entry. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, result in disqualification and an alternate Potential Winner may be notified.
One (1) GRAND PRIZE: $500
Two (2) RUNNER-UP PRIZES: $100
All awards will be added to the paycheck of the winning associate and will be included as taxable income.
9. Winner Announcement and Prize Notification: Potential Winner will be notified via email to their store manager’s email (3) calendar days after winner determination. It is Entrant's sole responsibility to ensure that their email account is functional and valid, and to configure their accounts as necessary to ensure prompt receipt of messages. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Entrant's local store Facebook account or email status or other contact information.
If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner within a reasonable period, or in the event that a Prize notification is returned undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited and, at the Sponsor's sole discretion, Prize may be awarded to the applicable runner-up Potential Winner, if time permits, who may be required to furnish proof of identification.
10. Conditions of Entry: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to terminate, modify, cancel or suspend this Contest at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper participation of the Contest and, if terminated, award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of cancellation. Sponsor further reserves the right to extend the end date of the Contest in its sole discretion.
11. Conflict in Details: In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in Contest materials (including but not limited to newsletters, television and print advertising, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.