Walmart Associate Cookoff Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. THE CONTEST: The “Walmart Associate Cookoff Contest Sponsored by Fresh Cravings” (the “Contest”) starts on September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on September, 17 2020 at 12:00 PM PDT (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry who are Walmart Associates. Anyone under the age of majority in their state, (eighteen (18) in most states, nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) at the time of entry must also have the consent of one of his or her parents or legal guardian, and a parent or other legal guardian must agree to the enforceability of these Official Rules. Employees of Fresh Cravings, LLC (hereinafter, “Sponsor” or “Fresh Cravings”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, 1.) create a fall or comfort food themed recipe, using ingredients from Walmart, and upload a video of yourself describing the recipe while in a Walmart store 2.) post the video using the official hashtag, #AssociateCookoffContest, to your store’s Facebook page via My Local Social. All online entries must be received by September 17, 2020 at 11:59 PM PDT to be eligible. 3) Include the associate’s name who created the recipe in the post copy. Limit one (1) entry per person, per My Local Social and/or Instagram account for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple entries received from any person after the first entry received from that person or Instagram account will be void. Associates who share access to a My Local Social page or home office approved Instagram account can submit unique entries by including the associates name in the post. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entries are voluntary. The continuance of an associate’s employment and their present working conditions will not be impacted – positively or negatively – by participating or not participating in the contest. Associates should create entry materials and enter the contest on their own time, outside of their working hours – not during their working hours and not on Walmart property.
Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all necessary releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry.
To participate in the contest, you must have access to My Local Social or a home office approved Instagram account. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor, not Instagram. If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
4. REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate;
- and/or violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
5. JUDGING: All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of Culinary Experts based on the following criteria: recipe creativity (50%), verbal explanation of recipe (30%), and video quality (20%). The three (3) Entries with the highest scores will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-scored using the criteria above with the highest rescored entry deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than three (3) winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified the week September 21st via an email to the store manager or social champion. Winners will also be announced in a Workplace post in the My Local Social group. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within five (5) days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up. If any potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, potential winner’s parent or legal guardian must agree to all the requirement imposed on winners set forth herein.
7. PRIZES: Prizes are subject to change due to ongoing changes to COVID-19 Government safety standards. Three (3) potential winners will receive expert virtual cooking classes curated and taught by notable chefs and culinary experts, chosen by the Sponsors to be held via an interactive video portal; a prize pack of Fresh Cravings products, Buzzfeed’s Tasty Cook Kit, etc. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV) is valued up to $599 per person. Limit of one (1) prize per person for entire Sweepstakes Period. If Walmart cancels the campaign for any reason, The Fresh Cravings Virtual Cooking Class will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Product selection determined by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Winner’s applicable participation expenses and compensable time will be directly covered or reimbursed by Walmart in accordance with Walmart policy. Entrants acknowledge that the prize does NOT include any travel or other expense not specified here and that under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for payment or reimbursement of any travel or other expenses whatsoever.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Walmart Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize including any travel/activity related thereto, including any harm/injury caused from the use of a vehicle and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
9. USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor and their affiliates and its Administrators the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, other Sponsor-selected media, and on third party retail sites featuring Sponsor).
10. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, the incorrect uploading of the photo or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. REQUEST FOR WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners (available after October 31, 2020), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by November 1, 2020 to: Walmart Associate Artistry Contest Winners, c/o Fresh Cravings, LLC 1934 E. Camelback Rd, Suite 120-491, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
14. SPONSOR: Fresh Cravings, LLC d/b/a Fresh Cravings 1934 E. Camelback Rd, Suite 120-491, Phoenix, AZ 85016