Erica L., front end assistant manager and Social Champ with Store 742 in Kingsport, Tenn., shares these tips for promoting any associate challenge on social media:
- Create and post videos: We post videos with any relevant statistics or facts and express what we hope to achieve with the challenge. We also interview associates and customers for their input on it.
- Use hashtags: We use hashtags to go with a campaign, such as #sparkkindness or #WalmartAssociateChallenge.
- Promote it early: We post a schedule for the event or challenge early on to allow customers and associates to mark their calendars.
- Be consistent: I post on social media every single day for work, whether I am there or not. It is a passion of mine and I enjoy it. I also post eight to 10 times a day per platform—My Local Social, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Workplace pages. I even capture content outside of the store, such as interviewing and creative photoshoots to use for work and to promote community events.
- Look for inspiration: Talk to associates, look at other stores, do internet research, and look at the My Local Social suggestion box. I also love brainstorming and using my own creative process for posts.
How does your store promote events and associate challenges? Tell us how, and be sure to share this link on Instagram or Facebook—you could be featured in Walmart World! Don’t forget to tag us using @WalmartWorld and #WalmartWorld!