You are free to work on any problem related to this sub-theme. We have provided an explanation below to give you some starter problem statements.
Data science applications cover the full retail spectrum at Walmart, both in-store and online. They are frequently used in:
- Merchandizing to stock the right items
- Sourcing to source better from suppliers
- Ensuring timely availability of products
- Pricing to derive the best price for shoppers
- Anticipating customer needs in eCommerce
- Targeted promotions to our customers
- Using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning for intelligent product recommendations, demand forecasting, search and discovery
Harness the power of data to create retail tech solutions that improve customer, seller or associate experience.